Sunday, October 14, 2012

WOD on the fly...

Yes!
Ain't that the truth. 

Today while looking through the schedule at CrossFit Regenration I realized I wouldn't be able to get there until Tuesday. Whoa I haven't had a workout since Thursday...no bueno. So even though I had not intended on doing anything other than a light run I decided I wanted to do a good CrossFit workout. I perused the endless sea of workouts online until hit one that had everything I wanted. Today's WOD. 

4 rounds for time
5x
deadlift
squat clean
push press
400 m run
Time 13:46

Cherry on top
2:00 min amrap
sit-ups
52

I didn't really want to do anything involving squats because I have this odd spot on my upper thigh that kind of aches. I can't tell if it is an injury or just sore, it is really odd and rather than push it, I kind of baby it. Once I found this workout though I was like disco, this is what I want! I decided to use my warm up bar (11lb) for the squat cleans and Belle (the 35#) for the rest. First I want to say I think some bumper plates are in my future as I already need some more weight. Second I am a really bad runner, 400s used to me my thing in track now they are brutal. Lastly I got 3 more sit-ups than the last time I did this cherry picker. 

Like I said I had only planned on going out and phoning it in doing a light run. Kids woke me up at 6 am, I am still feeling ugh from being sick and 100 other excuses I told myself. Then my stronger, new fit self was like...

I so I got up off of my tukus and worked out...I loved it, I feel great and I know I will sleep better tonight haha. I will say for a looong time I have been very insecure about doing a fa real workout at home involving me going out of my garage because of neighbors. So because I am just lucky just so happened that almost all of my neighbors were out to watch me run up the street and back then disappear into my garage only to watch me do it 3 more times. One I finally waved to me and one, I am pretty sure, was coming out to see if I needed CPR as I was gasping through my last 400. I think I actually heard his kid ask what I was doing...something like Daddy what is that crazy lady doing. My answer...being a beast young one ;)

Here is where I found this workout...


I was lucky I a nice breeze and cool air this guy is in the dessert it looks like!!

2 comments: