Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tv time, home WOD & Challenge Day 10 eats


Oh yeah it is that kind of morning. I have been limiting myself to one cup of coffee a day but I might try to stretch it today. Last night after we dealt with poor Robot fish's demise Geeps woke up in a full on asthma attack. It was pretty scary but he stopped being in distress after his first treatment even though he was still wheezing, so we did the second treatment praying it worked because after 2 treatments it is ER. Luckily by the end of the second one he was asleep and breathing better. Fun times I tell ya! We kept him in bed with us just in case and for whatever reason he seemed to relax better and breathe better in our bed. So up late worrying with treatments plus 3rd wheel in the bed makes for tired momma.

So I was asked to go to this morning's WOD of which I declined. I was just too tired and needed to get work done for my day job. I did want to get a workout in today because I won't be able to tomorrow and I want to go to class on Saturday. So I decided to do Grace since I have been reading so much about Barbells for Boobs an event I would love to do but I am chicken so I will save it for next year. I used to do the Komen every year so this is a good transition.

Grace
30 clean & jerks (35# barbell)
3:34

I don't have any bumpers at the moment so I am working with a 35# barbell, which is really enough for me. It wasn't killer with 35# but it wasn't like using a pvc pipe. I really felt like I should have done more because it was so quick. Soooo....

My friend Fitchick sent me a link to a vampire diaries workout game where you workout during the show. Kind of like a drinking game but you burn calories instead of drinking them. So while I was preparing for my night with the Salvators I tweaked the workout to have CrossFit like exercises. The rules are, as people do items on the list mark it down, then complete exercises during the commercials...time cap. So example, I had every time Elena says "Stefan" 10 squats, Bonnie casts a spell, 5 burpees ( I know burpees and that hooch did 2 spells), so I counted how many times this happened and then completed the "workout" during the commercials. So here is what I did.

vampire diaries - the-vampire-diaries photo

Vampire Diaries WOD totals
20 squats
10 burpees
5 hollow body rockers
40 dips

These were divided between 4 commercial breaks, some breaks I had 3 different things to do, one break I had 1. It was kind of fun, Daddy-O thinks I am nuts...the episode was awesome!! I am going to tweak it based on what I noticed they did more because I want to do more exercises. 

So here is what I ate today...it isn't much. I had zero appetite after breakfast. I think my belly is just too full of the gunk coming from my head. I also have no sense of taste or smell so today was a hot mess food wise. 


Meal #1 (8:00)
2 eggs scrambled
1 cup marinara sauce
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
Coffee...and more coffee...black

This morning I was pretty hungry but my belly feels amazing. I blame the kombucha and my raw veggie dinner. I just kind of grabbed and made a hodge podge breakfast and honestly ate it so fast it was like I didn't even make breakfast.

Meal #2ish...

This was a strange and busy day from noon until 4 I snacked on macadamias, deli turkey, cheese stick and a banana and coffee, I am just really tired and not in the mood to eat.

Meal #3 (6:00)
Spaghetti Squash
Meat sauce
Parmesan cheese

Tonight was garbage night on the home front. This is where I don't see a point in cooking when we are full of leftovers. Unfortunately my plan didn't work because the kids wanted sammys and Daddy-O didn't even eat and I didn't have an appetite. I didn't get one leftover container out of the fridge. I hate to throw out food and a couple of things are reaching the end of being safe to eat. Maybe I will be a bear tomorrow after 2 workouts and eat all day.

Welp that is it boring post, now time for bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment