Thursday, October 25, 2012

The CrossFit Walk

Why does morning come so early sometimes? It is even harder to get out of bed when it is dark out and one of your kiddos is snuggled up next to you...but alas I must get up! I can't wait for the time change, I hate waking up in the dark, it just isn't natural...I mean roosters do not crow until the sun is coming out.

Crowing Rooster Paper Craft

So I reluctantly got up and started cooking some sausage bites. Tomorrow is grocery day and today it is slim pickings at our house. We have what we call a Friday kitchen, you know one thing and not the other. I didn't really want eggs so I just ate a couple of sausage bites and an apple. I drank a coffee with some milk and a pinch of sugar, and water. Not my best breakfast ever but I was really tired. 

So I sucked it up and went to CrossFit today fearing the worst. Show up...it is never as bad as your mind makes it. On paper the WOD looked horrendous, in practice, with scaling it wasn't bad at all. Today's workout.

25 sit ups
1 muscle-up
20 sit ups
2 MU
15 sit ups
3 MU
10 sit ups
4 MU
5 sit ups
5 MU
Time 4:59

Cherry
Hold arms out with weights for time
35 seconds 10 lbs weights

I love muscle ups, ask any crossfitter and they will tell you that is their goal. They are bad a** and anyone telling you they don't want to be able to do a muscle up and talk about it, is fibbing. This is a goal for me and the prospect of them is far off in the future and will involve lots of work but the progression I did today was fun and felt really good. I just need to get my arms stronger. I enjoyed doing them so much I want to go rig up a pseudo ring kit in my garage to practice ha. I am a mess.

At CrossFit today we were talking about spotting a crossfitter out in public and Charlie mentioned the "walk". I totally know what he is talking about because I try hard to not have the walk. I mean just because I feel massively badda** doesn't mean I should walk around like I am one. It is hard to resist. I mean seriously, ask yourself how you would feel after doing 100 pull ups in Angie? I wanted to tell anyone who would listen because hey...it was tough and I survived. I love when people bring up crossfit, although if you see me and mention it you may want to run away because it is my favorite topic these days. It is pretty consuming, I do it, I like to talk about it, I read about it ever day, I mean I burn up my phone battery watching you tube at night. Nothing like watching really hard WODs to get you to sleep ha. There is just something about it once you start doing it. I totally get why there are things floating around pinterst that say it is a cult, I am sure people around me feel like I am recruiting. I just love to see people happy and healthy and man CrossFit makes you happy and the healthy part comes along. Not only do you get the biggest endorphin high ever, you feel like you are a superhero because you have done this insane workout and lived and...want to do it again. I am consumed and I completely understand the CrossFit walk.

Let's also not forget that it makes your body strong and look good. I mean have you seen these athletes...hot stuff. I was working what I thought was really hard to lose weight and get somewhat back in shape. In the 8 weeks of crossfit my entire body has changed. I have been looking for my old measurements to compare because today I put on a shirt that I used to completely fill in the belly area and it was HUGE on me. Not to mention the fact that I do not own a single pair of underwear that fit me, as in the fall off as I walk (or ahem workout). Even my workout pants are getting too big and when I try to run in them they just slide down...score! Ladies, hear me now if you want a way to lose fat fast, CrossFit. The scale doesn't move much but I am like the incredible shrinking woman!

Okay I told you, it is my favorite topic outside of my kids and Daddy-O :D. So I am not going to post tomorrow for the 2 of you who wait with bated breath for a new post. I am going to work on a menu and meal plan for a friend who is going to whole30 with me. I will also not start this until Sunday because of plans we have this weekend which will leave me with little allergy free options much less Whole30. But...starting Sunday, whole30...more pictures, more recipes and good stuff. Stay tuned 46ers!

No comments:

Post a Comment