Monday, October 8, 2012

Challenge Day 7...Scotty I think there is a problem with the Thrusters

Shhh do you hear that? You don't? Wow I thought for sure you could hear my teeth chattering from anywhere. It is cold here, I am loving it. It was such a hot Summer I am over it. So after my kids finally dragged me out of bed and after I fed them, I made a warm and comforting meal.

Meal #1 (8:30)
1 egg
1.5 cups leftover Cacciatore stew
Pumpkin Spice Rooibos with a splash of milk



I have a theory, you can add a fried egg to anything. Whenever I cook something I think needs protein kick I add a fried, poached or hard boiled egg. I started this venture after having an egg poached in tomato sauce, huevos rancheros, and on a burger. I got to thinking is there anything I can't put an egg on? So when breakfast time hits and I am not feeling typical breakfast fare or looking for something fast I go for the leftovers with an egg. Since I all but devoured all of the chicken in the stew first time around the leftovers didn't have but maybe 2 ounces in it, it needed a protein boost, enter the egg.

Meal #2 (11:00)
apple - diced nuked and topped with pie spice and 2 tbsp walnuts
cheese stick

I am going to call this my new snack crack. Apples are in season and I am wanting them and this version is just too good. Plus I am still a bit chilly this morning. As I said last post I am also into walnuts right now, you may see this come up a few more times haha.

Meal #3 (12:30)
1.5 cups of chili with 2 tbsp cheese
pumpkin rooibos

Today I had a menagerie of quick lunches to grab thanks to leftovers and such. I am still cold so I wanted some warmth, so chili it was topped off with some pumpkin rooibos. Yummy warmness. This was a smart lunch because afterward my kids wanted to play outside and one of the perks of working from home and having wifi...I can work out in the backyard. It was gorgeous and sunny but cool with a chilly breeze, glad for that hearty meal. I am a fair bit excited to have the cool air for CrossFit tonight.

Meal #4 (3:45ish)
Banana
2 oz turkey

After a somewhat lazy day this kind of came up on me fast and I realized I needed to get a pre-wod snack in so I grabbed a banana and then some turkey for a protein. Then I wrangled the kids and their 400 stuffed friends and dropped them at my MIL and headed to CrossFit.

This week is bitter sweet, our beginner class is over. I am leaner and stronger than 6 weeks ago as well as totally addicted but I am also very attached to my class. We have a great class. We all get along, we can cut up, encourage and lift up each other, we are a fun class. After this we will go our separate classes. I know I most likely won't see anyone because I will hit 2 classes while my kids are both at school and one on the weekend or Fridays but it will almost always be when everyone else is at work. I may hit some late classes here and there but I am not sure. Boo. So Wednesday we are all going to go out have dinner and celebrate our beginner class...bittersweet.

That being said, the nitty gritty. Today's skill was Kettlebell swings (woo who Fitgirl!) and Sumo Deadlift High Pulls. I liked it, I have been itching for some kettlebell work. Score. So here is the deets for tonight's wod.

Today's Wod
15-12-9
Kettle Bell Swings
Thrusters
Burpees
12 min time cap
Time - 9:44



So my man Kirk will be here next year for Fright Fest, I need the secret to running my thrusters unbroken. If you remember my last WOD with thrusters ended badly. I love thrusters, they are still one of my favorite skills, but those b**ches hate me. I even grabbed a 35 lbs bar this time as not to revisit the awful 45 since I was using a pood kettlebell (okay I am a dork it is 35 lbs) I decided lighter was better. It didn't make a difference and the funny thing is I almost second guessed myself because it felt surprisingly light but it kicked my butt. Then to make it worse I had to finish each set with burpees. Hear me now I freaking hate burpees. I used to not like them them I mean they are hard, but now I hate them because they are awful. That is a lot of effort into one move and at the end of a set. I got more mental on the burpees, in that teenager in gym class way. I just didn't want to do them. I am adding them to my home wod...maybe even tomorrow. I am definitely working on those freaking thrusters. 

Meal #5 (7:30)
Roast beef 5oz
Roasted carrots - 1 cup
Swiss chard - 3 cups sauteed in olive oil with garlic. 

Dinner was late tonight, Firecracker has snack duty at preschool tomorrow and I had to run and pick something up, when I got him kids were is crazy over tired mode and running around like pygmies while we tried to get them bathed and into bed. Little maniacs! So finally we were able to eat at about 7:30. I had cooked a roast most of the day today when I found if I trim fat any meat is legal I was psyched. So I had a nice lean chuck roast and I seasoned it good, seared it and popped in our awesome cast iron dutch oven with some onions carrots and sweet pots. Cooked it for about 5 hours, yum! While Daddy-O was wrangling the kids I went out and cut some nice big leaves from our chard plant, which I have named the giving tree, this plant is almost 2 years old and just keeps giving and giving and giving. Like I am going to have a special hoop house made for our kitchen garden because I might cry if it dies this winter. So I ended up chopping it up and having 3 cups of leaves. Sauteed with olive oil, salt and pepper and some garlic.Good Stuff. I really hope my beets keep growing!

So today I got to tally my first week on the challenge, since we didn't get deets until Monday I was confused about the start and stop. So my final tally was 1205, I will get bonus points for having over 1100 points for the week. I don't know how I fared because there were only 2 other scores on there 900 something, and 560 I think. I felt like a nerd putting mine up there. I am not worried about it though they can come back here and check me ;) keeping it real right here. I actually wrote 1185 on the board but then I remembered I had my wod from Monday I didn't add in and then the 100 points we all started with. Max points. I hope I can keep this up for then next 3.5 weeks. 

So on my way to CF I was listening to some new tracks I put on my playlist and got to RIP by Rita Ora...this is my new theme song because the handle says "RIP to the girl you used to see...her days are over" Yep that is my life, RIP to my old self, my old body and I am busting out a new one. I seriously want a tee shirt that says this! Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment