Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Color Run...5k fun!

So today was The Color Run and let me tell you if you want to do a 5k this is it. It is a fun and relaxed run, they do not have time chips, or clocks or even distance markers. You just run, giggle, chat, get doused in fluffy colored powder and have fun. The run is very slow paced and most of the participants were walking. It was nice and laid back...with a bit of crazy.

Lining up at the Start all shiney

Bleach white crowd

Finish Line...high fives all around

Post color battle, can you tell I am hot!

After...mucho dirty

Gamma Radiation Poisoning anyone?

Color Ninja!

My kids thought I looked cool but scary...

Pearly Whites

Razzmatazz all gunked up. 

Purple hair

Gear post run

They even got my ear!!



As I said it was a fun laid back race, not even a race a run. When you got to color stations traffic almost stopped as people tried to get doused, some people were even rolling around in the powered on the street. Sometimes it was hard to get a psh of color but most of the time you have crazy Rambo dousers. All of that being said I ran the entire race and at a pretty good pace as well when not ins color powered traffic. I am super excited especially since my brother-in-law will be here in 2 weeks and I can finally run with him. Yay. 

There were about 7000 runners I think at this race, it was packed. They start the race in waves and we were in the third wave. It was like a fun party, lot of music, dancing excitement. I will definitely do this run again. I am also plotting my next run. There is the Big Hit half coming up but it is earlier this year than last year so I may just do their 1/4 marathon. I am also looking at the Rival Run which is a 5k/obstacle course pitting fans of our colleges against each other. Sounds like a blast! I can't wait to start running more races!


3 comments:

  1. You look like you had such an amazing time! I cant wait till I can check this one of my bucket list! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go chick! Looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love it, you will forget you are even running!

    ReplyDelete