Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Be a Fighter


I thought we would start out with a song this post...do you have this song on your workout playlist? Well you absolutely should.


I discovered this song after seeing a commercial featuring men's gymnastics Olympic team member John Orozco and I was sold. This song also reminds me of a friend of mine who is very inspiring (more on that in a future post). I read a quote once that said "if it is worth having, it is worth fighting for" or maybe it was a cheesey line from a movie, regardless I think about this line all of the time. Let's be honest, if you really want something, you have to be a fighter. If you want to get a promotion you have to fight to get it. If you want a clean house you have to battle the mess to get it, I know...I am a 4 star general on that battlefield. And we all know...we battle for weight loss and fitness. So are you a fighter?




I battle, I battle every single day to get the things I want so bad. A good running time, a healthy (and fit) body, and pride in myself. I can have a two hour argument about a workout before I go, I always have a 30 minute battle with myself when I run and there are the battles of eating. There is an endless little voice in my mind trying to undermine everything I want and do. It starts early in the morning when it convinces me to stay in bed instead of get up and run and stays with me all day until I go to bed. It convinces me to procrastinate and even be lazy, but I fight it. I am a fighter.

I hope that you are a fighter and if you aren't yet you will be one soon and I really hope you can find some inspiration for that fight here.

Train hard, Minus your 46!

No comments:

Post a Comment