Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thors Day

Okay I am running out of titles and am not very creative today. Another crazy day here at the 46. Swimming lessons this morning followed by a hair cut. Didn't seem like much but I feel like I haven't been home all day.

I started today with some leftover sauteed veggies from our garden, leftover roast chicken and an egg. It wasn't enough, I should have eaten more especially since I had a busy day planned. After breakfast I worked until it was time to get the kids to swim. I didn't get a picture of breakfast because I was hungry and my camera battery is dead and my cord has run away. My phone is losing juice ultra fast so essentially I am extremely battery challenged at the moment.


Today is one of those bad days that happen when you don't plan. I never even thought about lunch so of course I relied on the old bunless burger at the pool topped with onion and pickle, no chips this time. It was small and not close to filling. My kids protested leaving the pool so I got home later than planned and had just enough time to shower and get ready for my hair appointment. I didn't realize I was hungry but as I sat waiting for my stylist I bottomed out. I was sick and shakey and seriously considered telling the lady next to me, I was fine if I happened to pass out. Whoa...I have not been like that in a long time. I managed to make it through my haircut without causing a scene and left to go get some shorts for the color run. After running that errand and stopping by Teavana I headed home and about collapsed from hunger. 


Side note...While at Teavana I was perusing the tea pots when I glanced behind the counter at the teas and of course my raging hormones focused on the the perfect pms tea...Slimful Chocolate Decadence. It is a blend of chocolate, coconut, and tea which smells like a brownie with coconut...Okay let's all wipe the drool from our faces. I got 2 ounces of it and ordered and iced chocolate tea to go. It was amazing and I didn't miss the sugar it is so rich. So if you are looking for a relatively calorie free chocolate fix...here you go. You are welcome. 


So for dinner the wonderful hubby grilled some chicken legs and eggplant while I steamed some broccoli and topped with melted ghee and lemon pepper and worked. Dinner was really good and the legs were grilled to perfection. I was starving and ate like I had never had food before. Sorry totally lost out on the picture again. After dinner since the hubbs is off tomorrow he wanted to do something special for the kids. They decided on making cookies and watching a movie. I promptly put on the kettle for some chocolate tea...


While the man of the house ran out to buy cookies I played with my new kettlebell. Did I mention I got a kettlebell today? I have wanted one for a while and have been scoping them out. I almost bought one one day but they were out of the 10 lb which is what I wanted to start with. My good friend Fit Chick uses them with great results and so today was the day for me since it is a weight training day. I bow to my sweet Fit Girl for rocking 100 kettlebell swings...I was tired after 15. Running I am, strong I am not. I played around with different exercises I found on Pinterest (all while in my kitchen mind you) and found that I am going to fast be a kettle bell junkie, yes I am. I am sure Fit Girl and I will end up in a support group for the kettlebell obsessed very soon. 


Kettlebell





1 comment:

  1. Mwwwahhhhh Welcome to the club chick! We have been waiting for you! You will have so much fun getting your butt kicked with your bell! I swear by this chicks workout. http://pumpsandiron.com/2012/07/18/30-minute-kettlebell-workout/
    I have made it through 3 rounds at a time, but not all 5...yet. :) Get you an interval timer with whatever moves you decide on, it seriously makes them more productive in the amount of time you are working with. Love ya and your new kettlebell...we should double some time. ;)

    ReplyDelete