Monday, July 16, 2012

Day one round-up


What can I say about today. Everything seemed to go wrong it was just one of those days. After waking up late my day just stayed frantic from there out, until my evening run then it kind of relaxed...so maybe it wasn't the day, maybe it was me. I had the opportunity frequently to botch my first day but I didn't allow myself that luxury. I stuck to my guns.

So my day 1 round-up

Wake - 8:30, Weight 168.8 (this was rough I went from a metered scale to a digi one, 10 lb difference)

Breakfast - Intermittent Fasting ( I did have a communion wafer and some wine at mass)

Lunch - Roast beef, Garden veggie sautee, fermented pickle & raspberries. Water

Snack 1 & 2 - 1/2 cup nuts & banana, hard boiled egg & pickle, water with both

Dinner(see below) - Philly cheese-less steak stuffed peppers. Tomatoes and cucumbers from my garden. Water

Supplements - Vitamin D, Probiotic, Omega 3 (estrium on order)

Workout - couch 2 10k run, walked dog, light stretching



This morning's fasting went really well, I was hungry right at 12:00 but not before. However I was hungrier between 2 & 4 and had 2 snacks. The Whole30 program doesn't have dairy so I made my family Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers and left the cheese out of mine. They also had some salad dressing on their garden veggies and I just had salt and pepper which is perfect because nothing is better than a fresh picked vegetable. The tomatoes were still warm they were so fresh. Actually everything on my plate was grown in our backyard except the beef and onions. The pickles I had earlier in the day are also from my garden and lacto-fermented. I know I know Pickles aren't tops on the healthy eating list, but these are made with water a bit of pickles and natural bacteria in the air which in turn ferments and produced wonderful probiotics. Since I am wanting to increase healthy gut bacteria I will be consuming a daily dose of fermented foods. My husband rocks at sauerkraut and pickles. I am going to a garden veggie mix next :)

I felt pretty good all day not much different which it to be expected on a first day. I have had tummy pain most of the day from the communion wafer but I am used to that from Sundays (yes they have gluten free wafers but I am allergic to the flours they are made of also) I just deal with it and move on. It is tolerable. I did kind of tank at 4pm, not sure if that was the beginning of an expected detox or the wafer. Otherwise not a whole lot to report for my first day...calm before the storm I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment