Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunday, Sunday...

After my son decided to ask his daddy to have a slumber party downstairs I spent the night tossing and turning. I barely slept all night and kept having wicked dreams about Botulism and macadamia nuts. I also keep having this dream that the Hartwigs are checking up on my Whole30 progress...

So I woke up tired and hungry this morning. After getting the kids fed (they are ravenous beasts in the morning) I took the time to make my husband and me a rolled Omelet stuffed with a Philly cheese steak mixture. It was big and delicious. I laid a piece of provolone in his before adding the meat mixture. I was out of onions (crap!) but it was still good. I added some hot sauce when I beat the eggs and then more on top. I think this will be a repeat. While I was cooking I snacked on a fermented pickle and macadamia nuts...I was starving.





The Whole30 is all about 3 meals a day, one snack at most. Their science behind this recommendation is pretty sound and I had just read an article recently about how American children snack too much. Since I am used to 5-6 eating times a day my body is having to adjust. I am not necessarily hungry between Meal 1 and 2 but my mind is. It is kind of bonkers how much my mind is like feed me Seymore and I am not even hungry. So I have been downing water during this time because it is all mental, there is no hunger going on here. Still it is a bit of a transition.

Apparently deciding to detox your body leads to detoxing your home. I got some sort of weird hair up my you know what and started purging our Master bedroom. It is the worst room in our house next to the office.  The main reason for this is I always tend to clean the rest of the house and think psht, mine isn't important just close the door. I am completely over it. It is mentally draining to even be in my room and I am starting to think it is contributing to my restless nights. Not to mention the air quality can't be good in there because it is so cluttered mainly with clothing waiting to be put somewhere. Today it is going there.

Because I was all gunho on cleaning it out before our trip to the pool I just ate a mix of stuff for lunch. Macadamias, cucumbers, sea snax, and deli turkey. I also ate it on the fly while surfing the net which is a whole30 no no but today is a busier than usual day for me. Forgive me Hartwigs ;)





The pool is always a thing for me.. There is almost nothing for me to eat and while the cook has been awesome about making me a meat plate I just wish if I could have a veggie plate too. I didn't really plan on eating while there but ended up with a cheeseburger (no bun) which was served with a pound of chips and a tequila tonic. Both pretty big whole30 no nos. I didn't eat all of my chips but downed that drink like a money in a desert.

Dinner was my time to recover. After stopping by Target to get training pants and a "prize" for Firecracker's monumental potty antics we headed home to make Stir fried cauli-rice. I took chicken diced it and cooked it in some oil and Chinese 5 spice, then added chopped veggies and some tamari sauce (tamari is not whole30 because it contains soy but no wheat, both of which I am allergic to. But since the entire city is out of Coconut Aminos it was all I had) I also scrambled and fried up 3 eggs to add more protein and then I added the cauli-rice to the pan and cooked until everything was tender. You can get a great recipe for cauli-rice here. It had more liquid in it than I like so I let it cook until it was gone.






To plate it I added red rooster sauce on top (yes it has sugar but I have already screwed the pooch today...)
It was really good and super filling.


After dinner we walked up to Baskin Robbins to get Firecracker her birthday cone with a gift card she was sent. When in Rome...I got a scoop of chocolate almond. Honestly it wasn't even good to me. It was sweet but I mainly picked out the almonds and promptly gave it to Firecracker when she asked. It was a nice evening and we love to walk to BR and have a cone. Since I had fallen off jumped willingly off of the Whole30 wagon I decided to join in. It honestly wasn't worth the time to put the spoon in my mouth and I had a funky taste in my mouth for about an hour after. Alas, we had a good time, so much so I carried my camera all of the way up there and never took a picture as we were too into the moment. I did grab this cute photo of Geeps at the last minute. 


Isn't he the sweetest? No added sugar needed!



No comments:

Post a Comment