Monday, July 9, 2012

Manic Monday

I am going to start trying to organize and plan better for this blog. I enjoy writing for it and I like how it keeps me motivated. One thing I am planning is Manic Monday posts. I am very, very fortunate to work from home and right now life is pretty lazy. No school and I can work in my PJs all day if I so choose. Actually my kids have started to protest regular clothing these days and I don't argue, they only have until the end of July until we start back to our regular school routines. Anyway, I digress, this week I will be in the office a few days to cover for a vacationing co-worker. Last night while preparing my food for today I thought about how soon I will be back to spending my Sunday's planning and how no matter how much I prepare I always seem to have a Manic Monday. I always have little ways of getting what I need out of my Monday's when we are in the school routine. I want to share those here. So for today's Manic Monday I want to share my quick go to breakfast when I am in a rush. 


I have to have a heavy dose of protein for breakfast if I am going to be productive. Actually I have to have protein at every meal, it fuels me and keeps me running all day. Since I am allergic to coffee I can not rely on a morning caffeine wake me up and must use food to do the trick. I do have a cup of tea in the mornings but that is more for habit than caffeine. So back to protein, I typically have an egg with a vegetable or fruit, and some sort of sausage or bacon for breakfast, but I typically have more time. This breakfast will fuel me until noon if need be and leaves me sated. I am a hungry girl in the morning, it is the only time of day I am truly "starving". I attribute it to going to bed hungry which everyone should do in my opinion. 


So on a day like today I fall back on my nearly famous chocolate banana protein shake. Enjoy!!


1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 banana
2 tbs almond butter
1 cup milk of choice (I use almond)
1 scoop Catie's Greens (optional)
Ice (optional)

Put everything in a blender, add ice if you wish and blend. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment