Monday, September 17, 2012

The Fast and the Furious

Okay that is a really lame title but my wit is on strike tonight. No fun titles, this was the best I could do HA.

So let's just get to all of the fun stuff I want to rant about. Starting with the most important...CrossFit. Tonight's class did not disappoint again. I showed up tonight even though I had been nauseated and feeling way under the weather since about 8 am. I kept trying to eat and rest and talk myself feeling better but nothing was working. I couldn't decide if it was an allergy thing of a flu thing. I almost didn't go to CrossFit tonight, I felt THAT bad and since there is a high hurl factor post workout I didn't need to literally blow chunks in front of my class. But...I am an addict and I just didn't want to miss. So I went there after eating a small snack hoping to calm my grouchy belly, bad choice. I was trying to chill on the couch and not hurl when it happened...allergic reaction, feeling of dying, shaking, anxiety...the big one. I swear I need to get an epi pin. So I forewarned everyone that if I keeled over it was from something I ate. To take my mind off of it I starting trying to think of what we might do and my fun kipping last week and started getting psyched like the deranged crossfit maniac I am. It worked. See every time I get 5 min from CrossFit Regeneration my heart starts pumping and I start filling up with adrenaline. I don't need a Tokyo drift just a box. So by the time we got in and started going on about the day's agenda I was feeling better than I had felt all day and my allergy thing was subsiding.

Hello...I am Jaimelee and I am a CrossFit addict
and a maniac
and probably a little over zealous
and I remind myself of this guy...


So anyway...back on track we go. Got in the box, full of adrenalin, no longer the feeling of impending doom and today we are working on handstand push ups...doesn't CrossFit Charlie rock. As we worked on our handstands, scaling them and kipping we all kept commenting how much fun we were having. After that we worked on knees to elbows...or knees to boobies in my case because they weren't going any higher. So the WOD deets for tonight...

15-12-9
Handstand Push-ups
Knees to elbows (boobies)
Time 5:32

This was a ball buster workout. After feeling like Batman post pull ups last week I jumped back on the humble bus tonight. I had a decent time but my knees never got to my elbows and I was seriously scaling my handstand push ups...I so very much want to kip a HS push up...so tonight I felt human again. To add to the hefty dose of humanity I wanted to practice 5 pull ups post WOD, thinking I still had plenty of arms left but I didn't. I ripped a hole over a mostly healed one. The best part about tonight was my conversation with Anna. She is my fellow class mate and we are on the same crazy train with CrossFit. She is really fun and is an athlete. 

After our WOD we talked shop, nutrition shop that is. CrossFit Charlie gave us homework to try to eat as clean as possible for a week. I feel like a cheater haha...like I have a choice. Regardless it was some good stuff. I want to read more about the Zone because I have read it has the best times to eat which blocks for performance. I need mucho research for nutrition in regards to recovery and such. I might just have to hit up Mrs. CrossFit Charlie. I know the what, it is the timing I need. So many options out there haha. I want a quick recovery. 

Anyway here is my first assignment...Dinner.

Oven roasted 5 spice chicken with baby bok choy sauteed in coconut aminos 
and topped with some ROOSTA sauce. 

Here is tonight's white board...

if you squint you can read that :p

Speaking of white boards have you seen the new CrossFit whiteboard ads? Genuis!!



Well that is all for now peeps, I am going to down me some bone broth and watch some FOOTBALL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment