Thursday, September 27, 2012

Prep & Landing

So we got some deets on the Nutrition challenge at CrossFit Regeneration and I am gearing up and getting ready. We don't get full details on the food part and everything until Monday which is kind of a bummer because we usually shop on Sundays but I can work with it. I can't imagine there being a huge change in what I eat since I am so food challenged just probably more cleaning up than anything.

I do like to plan and prep as you have read 100 times on here but for now I will prep like I always do and go from there. Don't get me wrong I will be making some good changes as I have been letting some less than stellar foods creep back into my life (ahem sugar) and generally haven't been veggie focused. A good clean up is definitely in order.

I am also trying to exercise some demons before I get started. One of which is getting some foods out of my way so I won't be all MUST HAVE *insert food*. Tonight we are having walking tacos, as per my son's request, but can I get an Amen!?! Love walking tacos and while the beans and chips aren't on my every day list (well and the piles of cheese and sour cream) it is something that we do have for dinner. My kids love it, it isn't awful and is a different take on chili. It won't however be showing up during my challenge. If the fam fam wants it I will make it for them and a challenge legal version for me (i.e. paleo chili haha). So my last supper so to speak is Walking Tacos (minus the walking we are eating at home).

Enough about food...let's get into the details. So challenge stuff...

  • Monday is weigh in day, we will have our weight and body fat taken. (gulp)
  • We get the papers with all of the details including a point system
  • Complete "Cindy" at beginning and end
  • 2 winners - best body fat improvement, best adherence to the list. 
  • Prizes! ...prizes!
This is the real deal folks, I am pretty excited. I am not however, excited about the weighing in and body fat analysis. I know I am overweight, people know I am overweight...but a scale is...ugh. The last time I had my boy fat percentage taken I was 19.25%.... I went out for 7 mile runs for the fun of it. I spent 2-3 days a week in testosterone valley at the gym...because I loved it. I know that is not happening this time, I am expecting to be in the 30s...I pray I am at least in the 30s...more and I might croak right there. I have a lot of junk in the trunk...I am just happy the fat tire has been deflated!!!

The second thing I am seriously anxious about is Cindy. We have never met...I have no doubt she doesn't like me because so far the longest workout I have done is 10 min. Cindy likes more of your time...20 min. I know this is what my CrossFit future looks like but let me be a baby for a moment. Crossfit Charlie gave the option of completing the beginner workout as a substitute for Cindy but since we are completing Cindy at the beginning and end I can only improve right? I mean I am not going to qualify for the 2013 games with it, beginning or end, but might as well start big. Even if I only do 5 sets in 20 minutes and Cindy hands me my own a**, at least I tried. 

So I have 3 more days of freedom. I know I eat relatively healthy but I also have the freedom to eat as I please. We also know that when you are on lock down your brain goes crazy and I want to do this challenge with no slip ups, no cheats. I am sure there will be a detox phase, I am sure I will get on here and B**ch but I also know at the end of 30 days I will feel amazing. I will, in all honesty, look amazing. I have also fallen pretty far off of anything like a regular exercise routine (crossfit being the exception). I do go to class 2 times per week but then I kind of don't do anything else the remaining 5 days of the week. I did throw in a run last week but this is ridiculous. This challenge will not only give me more energy for this it will get me motivated again. 

I also want to give a mention, this past weekend there was a CrossFit competition locally, Kentuckiana's Fittest. Crossfit Charlie and his wife Kari competed. I so wanted to go but the plague was upon me and after a busy day of kid activities I was tanked. Anyway they both finished 10th in the men and women's categories. So in our area there are only 9 women & 9 men fitter than them. Wow! I am glad they did so awesome and am sorry I wasn't there to get my loud cheers in. Good job guys!!

So stay tuned, more ramblings coming!!



No comments:

Post a Comment