Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cavegirls like Lattes too!


I love Pumpkin Spice Latte's but the real deal ones are not even close to paleo and packed with sugar from well sugar and the milk as well. This morning as the news was crooning about 9/11 and the breeze outside was cool and screaming fall my mind went to warm cinnamon apples and pumpkins. Since I can drink a cup of coffee without hashing out into some crazy reaction I decided to spruce mine up this morning, and since I had an open can of pumpkin...meant to be. 

So I found this recipe here but it is hardly legal for me these days but I had some good stuff on hand to convert it to Cavegirl coffee...Here you go!

Paleo Pumpkin Latte

Brewed coffee
1/4 cup coconut cream (not milk must be cream)
1 Tbsp pumpkin pure
1 tsp maple syrup
cinnamon
vanilla extract

Take you mug and add cream, puree & syrup. Stir to combine. Add a dash of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla and stir. Add coffee to fill your cup, give it one last swirl, sit back and enjoy. 

Now these are all rough estimates, so play around with it adding what you like until it has the taste you like. 1/4 cup of the cream is what makes it creamy and latte-y. Coconut cream already has some sweetness to it so I recommend trying it before upping the maple syrup. 


(photo credit from Lemondrop Foodie)

No comments:

Post a Comment