Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gearing up for a challenge and Cleaning.

Well hi all, I am back from the land of the nearly dead and vomiting. After all of my mental fighting, cold talk and such I got a beat down. A quick, swift and miserable flu which came to a head on Monday leaving me without food, liquids and with fever, chills and aches. My poor husband had it too, we were the plague couple! Blecht...but enough about that let's move on.

So CrossFit Regeneration is having a nutrition challenge for October...I am so geeked about this I can't stand it. You know I love a challenge and I love anything involving optimal nutrition. So this week I am gearing up for this challenge that starts October 1. I am going to tackle this like a Whole30 but I am going to keep a couple of cheeses and greek yogurt in my diet. I am also going to try really hard to keep it all on here for you to see. I am going to keep an old fashion pen and paper food journal (maybe smash it) but then try to wrap my day up here. There may even be pictures ;)

Speaking of CF I actually missed Monday's class...I know right? I was that sick. Up until I had to make like tokyo drift and flee carpool to my mother in laws house to hurl, I actually was trying to psyche myself up to go. But a 15 min vom-fest from the motion of the car was the end all to that idea. I emailed CrossFit Charlie and was told the wod was double unders...bad one to miss. I will have to get a quick tutorial and then get me a jump rope.

Tonight we learned cleans. I love cleans, they weren't as easy as I thought. I really need to work on my olympic weight lifting. They were so cool. I feel like a spartan every time I get a hold of a bar! ha. We also learned box jumps and dude I could actually jump pretty high. I ended up scaling down for the WOD because we would get assigned a ridiculous number of burpees if we slammed our chins into the box during a jump and um yeah...I didn't want that. The slamming or the burpee.


Tonight's WOD

8 min AMRAP
5 hang cleans
7 box jumps
9 sit ups
6 reps (2 sit ups short of 7...phewy)

Hear me now, I am so going to find a 35-45lb bar on craigslist or at the Goodwill to practice form with. I work with my broom and it is a trusty companion but I need some weight...I could just have my kids hang on while I practice haha. I want a bar. 

I was grateful for tonight's workout. It was a doozey, I was a sweaty mess when we finished but it was a bearable one and that is what I needed. I have felt better but weak for 2 days and I started to fizzle early in this workout. I was super nervous about tonight as well. I have said this a couple of times  about being nervous and I am sure you wonder why I get this way. It comes down to me worrying about not being able to do a workout. Me getting there and there is just...nothing happening. I am not sure why this scares me. I am not in elite shape so I am going to falter, I think my issue is I know I can do it and I have been in great shape before and it is the dealing with the shape I am in now. It is extremely vain and I love my doses of humility but there it is. 

I also got some WOD acupuncture tonight. I have these great tops from Ruffles with Love they are super cute shirts with powerful and motivating sayings. Tonight I wore my "All Day, Everyday...No excuses" one. They all have this really adorable bow on the back, it is a brooch pin bow...not sit up friendly. I crushed mine on the first sit up and the pin stuck me for the remaining 8 sit ups. Yes I kept going, I took it off when I was done. 

See those scratches...dang pin!! Those are not freckles or black heads on my back lol they are dirt from where I just laid on the floor post workout gasping for air. It is mat dust!

I love my Ruffles with Love shirts but I will leave the bows at home from now on!! You should check these shirts out though, she has lots of fun CrossFit sayings! You should check out her shop here.

So back to the nutrition challenge coming up. Tonight's post WOD nosh wasn't something to be proud of. There are a handful of non-paleo foods I eat, not on a regular basis, but more than rare occasion. One being tortilla chips. Unlike Leonard, I have no reaction to corn. I can eat tortilla chips, corn on the cob whatever. I don't eat a lot of it because it is a grain and I just don't. Since I didn't really plan today and in general I have been a laxidazical fool, I had, ahem Moe's for dinner. It was kids eat free, Daddy-O grabbed them some grub and I had him grab me a wheat free burrito (sometimes I am so grateful for allergies). It was disappointing and I am guessing I had a whopping...ounce of chicken on it and a good 2 cups of rice. Jeeze. I ate it with some Trader Joes chips. I ended up supplementing with a protein shake to make sure I don't have a long recovery again. 

I am trying to get the craptastic food desires out of me now. Not that I really have any food cravings but you know you always want something when you can't have it. My main issue is getting the lazy out. Sometimes I get super lazy, honestly it is just exhaustion. Kind of like how you feel when you have been working for 6 months straight with no vacation...I feel that way at times because being a mom I don't get time off...not even when I have the flu. So I am letting myself be lazy this week. Some take out here...easy dinner there. Paleo can be easy but mostly isn't. So I am allowing foods I wouldn't typically eat or make. Kind of a kitchen vacation. Which should be exciting for you because I always come back with some spectacular things when I have had a cooking and dishes break. Dishes...that should be a WOD...a entire day's worth of dishes for time, no scaling! ha. 

Well stay tuned, I am going to try to get my pre-challenge grocery list for you and some other prep stuff. Regardless starting October 1 I will dole out my daily chomps for all to see. They will be measuring us pre-challenge but I may do some measuring of my own. The challenge is going to be based on body fat percentage but I want to watch my other measurements...aka inches. 31 days of kicking my ass...I am ready. We have a brilliant chili dinner every Halloween and I may celebrate with  some awesome chili and a stellar costume ;)

Speaking of measurements...I didn't really look at myself or take pics or measurements at the beginning of this CrossFit class ( I know what the heck kind of blogger am I?) but let me tell you. I have lost 9 lbs over all and I can see definition I haven't seen since I started dating my husband. Also I have issues with my belly. This is why you never see the sports bra shorts pictures from me. My second pregnancy tore my tum tum up.  I also accumulated a fat tire I had never had...I had like this natural muffin top, no tight pants needed. I had to wear spanx just to smooth it out and while I have been working out running and eating better it wasn't budging and actually got worse as I lost weight above it.. I had resigned myself to a future tummy tuck because it wouldn't budge. It is gone, like vamoosh. I still have my front belly chub and lack of tone but even it is getting better but the side flab, fat tire, muffin top...gone. I actually wore a belt yesterday because I needed to keep my pants from falling as I walk they are so big and I had no fat tire to do that for me anymore. I am super happy about this and this is from only 2 classes a week for 4 weeks (just finished 4th week) We get to start going on Saturdays at 9 or 11. I am shooting for 9, I love to start my days early. So can you imagine what 3 days a week will do. Also keep in mind I have yet to have a WOD longer than 10 min...Go Me, Go CrossFit!! 

And becuase I love CrossFit videos...a hang clean!






No comments:

Post a Comment