Thursday, January 5, 2012

Week End Check in and Baggy Jeans

So here I am at the end of week one. Wow it went fast. Here is a summary of my first week.

Things I learned:

  • When you fall off of the wagon don't give it a second thought, brush off the dust and jump back on with more vigor than before
  • Scraping your fitness journal is FUN 
  • You can do too much i.e. trying to start a couch to 5k and 30 day shred...too much too soon
  • I have to do my 30 day shred in the morning or it isn't happening 
  • I am truly determined to get the old me back
Weekly stats:
  • Weight -1 pound
  • -1/2 inch off of bust, waist & hips
  • only missed one day of exercise
  • average calories 1500-ish
So there was one day I didn't workout at all, it just slipped through my fingers. I had my workout clothes on all day long and I just couldn't make it happen. I didn't linger on this or beat myself up. I got up the next morning and pounded it out with twice as much effort. I just dusted myself off. I find that lingering on negativity and mentally giving a beat down is actually detrimental to my goals. Instead I told myself the will was there but the time wasn't, that this was a reason to make sure I get up early and workout first thing and that it was my first week and I was trying to go from 0 to 60. I didn't miss another workout all week. 

Workout schedule week one:
  • day 1 - JM 30 day shred, day 1 couch to 5k
  • day 2 - JM 30 day shred
  • day 3 - JM 30 day shred
  • day 4 - none 
  • day 5 - JM 30 day shred
  • day 6 - 36 min hard treadmill workout 
  • day 7 - JM 30 day shred
^^ I'll take it ;)

I am super excited about my measurements. Sure most of the time people loose 5-10lbs their first week but I wasn't super strict about my eating (threw in some red light foods here and there) & I am weight training essentially everyday so I wasn't surprised. Also before I started Jillian's 30 day shred I did research and if you google 30 day shred before & after pictures...wow. Most people say they didn't lost much weight but their transformations were amazing. I need that first big jump of change to motivate me so this was where I wanted to start. Also how can I get mad at my scale when I am wearing jeans that are actually baggy in places like my booty and waist. 

All in all I think I had an amazing first week. It went by fast and was really painless. I love fitness and being healthy it is actually pretty easy for me but I can also get in my head and talk myself out of it. This week lots of prayer and ignoring the lazy voice in my head paid off. I feel amazing, sort of refreshed like cobwebs have been removed from my brain. I have more energy and am constantly in a good mood. 

Closer...



I hope your week went as great as mine!


next post - week two goals and some interesting pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment