Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Morning After

Happy post Halloween! I love Halloween but I am glad it is over. It was a fun night. I didn't get a picture of me dressed up as just, well a creepy bat lady thing. I love dressing up but tend to not have any time anymore. So I will have to share the kiddos...

Zombie Geeps

Spider Girl Firecracker - yes she looks like a pink oompa loompa but she insisted on make up since Geeps was getting some and she wanted pink...in hindsight I should have just dressed her up and called her pinkalicious!


Photo: Happy Halloween! http://instagr.am/p/RTWgEWgw87/
I also had to share this, this is my sister and her super bad a** costume as a bath puff! Love it so much!

So now the grit...

Ugh...it is one of those mornings, too much party not enough control. Yeah that was me last night. I am so hungover...from sugar. No I didn't drink myself into an oblivion passing out in front of my children but I did eat a lot of Halloween candy. Little fun sized candy bars as all of my favorites were making an appearance and I gladly obliged their need to be eaten. So this morning as I am waiting for a big CrossFit day to start I am feeling awful. I have a headache, something I so rarely get these days. I am super tired even though I got 9 hours of sleep and I tingle all over. bad times.

Today is the first day in a very long time I woke up about to die from hunger. It wasn't because I didn't eat, I had 2 bowls of my paleo chocolate chili last night which was my safe food for the party but the I grabbed some candy here and there which piled into a sugar tail spin, sending my body into a sugar spike which resulted in a crash this morning. I am pretty sure I have most likely eaten my last piece of candy ever...but then again I said that about Vodka in college. So no hair of the dog this morning, I packed the candy, out of site out of mind (for everyone) last night. This morning it was a strict high protein, high fat breakfast for everyone.

Breakfast - 1 cup leftover chocolate chili topped with 1 fried egg, 2 sl bacon
                 Coffee with heavy cream

So essentially I am going to go all whole 30, I am going to allow cream but I also have coconut cream for my coffee so it wont be all of the time. I actually debated not having any coffee today because it can spike insulin levels but I feel so exhausted it just happened. But anyway I am going to go all whole 30 since the challenge ends today. I am going to work in a zone type way, but I am working on a post to outline all of that goodness. So after gobbling my food, I dropped Firecracker off at school and went to get my WOD on...ugh

Today's Workout
Front Squat 1 rep max 105# (big pr)
Cindy
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 air squats
20 min AMRAP
10 + 2 pull ps

bahahaa! <3 AMRAP
Not today...

Driving to CrossFit Regeneration I debated not going, I knew I wasn't going to do well because I was just exhausted and feeling like poo. But I can't skip CF, I just can't...that is what obsession dedication does to you. Since I knew I wasn't going to have the power in me (even though I was wearing my new crossfit wonder woman tank) I decided to max out my front squat. Last time we did a basic front squat max I hit 55#. I will be honest, I didn't try my heaviest last front squat, because I was saving energy for Cindy (first round) but today I just kept adding and adding until that last rep was dang hard to get up from. 105#...I will take it. Cindy on the other hand, she was pissed at me. I partied too hard with the candy without any consideration of our date today. She made me pay like a two timing boyfriend. Actually it wasn't that bad I was just so tired and didn't have my umpf in me. I found my pull ups to be getting easier and easier. Squats were no big deal even after the front squats, but push ups were really hard for me today. You would think after Angie they would be a bit easier, especially since I am still on my knees but I am re-learning them in the correct way not the cheater globo gym push up way. I am not trying to fool myself, I wanted to quit 4 min in from just being exhausted, feeling like I would hurl and being in a crappy place because of a day of well crap, so while the push ups were my weakest move, I was just weak in general. 

Post WOD I tried to do a kipping pull up sans band but I could only get about half way up. I am dying to get rid of the band because I feel like it starts swinging me and my form would be better without it. I think this is going to be my skill practice for a bit. Maybe try a few pull ups then work on other things as well. I need some focus. I have been pouting today because I look forward to my workouts, I feel better mentally after them and I love feeling how strong my body is and how fit I am getting. Today was a big let down. So after talking to my pal Fitchick, I decided to wallow in my own self pity for 30 min then move past it. So here I am driving past my self pity waving bye...

I am on some levels so happy this happened. 


I grabbed this from Women of CrossFit = Strong on facebook, I love it. Honestly, I can sit here and whine about having a bad workout but it is my own fault. So what do I do? I suck it up realize how important this is to me me, dig in my heels and keeping working toward my goals. So crap eats are out. Am I saying during the holidays I will be an a** or "that guy" about my eating, no. Will I have 14 pieces of fudge, no. I just need to push past today just like Fitchick told me. 

So today when I got home from the box and picking up Firecracker I grabbed 4 oz of leftover braised roundsteak and 1 overflowing cup of braised kale, added water and called it lunch. It was nice filling, sugar free and what my body needed. I still feel really tired and taxed but I am hoping this will speed up getting better.

I didn't have any snacks today because I am just not wanting it, I am typically an eating beast on CrossFit days so what does that tell you about today's AMRAP? I didn't push, I didn't have push in me. So for dinner it was leftover night because we have a fridge full of them, I ended up heating up chili and eating that. Quick, easy, yummy. I know I know chili again? I can eat chili forever, I love it.

So no post tomorrow again,  taking a small road trip to go see some Olympic gymnasts. I am so going in my  "I would rather wear chalk than lipstick" shirt, sure it is a CrossFit shirt but they won't know they difference haha. Planning on getting a good workout in Saturday as well as attending a coaches and competitors class. I can't wait! 


No comments:

Post a Comment