Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Working for the Turkey

Ha, aren't we all? How many times have you been like I am going to do X workout so I can have Y? Me I wasn't exactly thinking turkey with my workout it was family. I am going to see a lot of Family in the next two days I haven't seen since my Grandma died in August. There has been a big change since then and I am excited.

I am starting to think that I have some sort of CrossFit addiction, or maybe an endorphin addiction. When I go more than 2 days without a good hard CrossFit workout I tend to get a little...well bitchy. I start getting crabby and restless and just a general feeling of wanting to go DO something.  Because of this I am stressing a little over this week and the Holidays, I mean Thanksgiving is on my workout day! I am trying to get as many workouts in as I can before we head over the river and through the woods, then jump right back into it after. CrossFit Regeneration has a great schedule this week but I fear there may be a 5:30 or 6:30 am class in my future...yikes!

<3

This was me today during today's wod...on paper it didn't seem so bad, or I should say as bad as it ended up being. It was so hard for me I was all but chanting this as a mantra for the last round. Here are the deets..

Back Squats (3X10) 45# (way too light!)
3 rounds for time
20 wall balls 10#
20 burpee pull ups (scaled)
Time - 21:23

Yep, you read that right, 21 minutes and 23 seconds. This workout kicked my a** and took a couple of hits at my lungs while it was at it. I am getting strong, I am lifting more weights than I had in the beginning and I can tell I am getting more fit (9:18 mile anyone?) but I am still really weak in the cardio condition area. I was dying in this workout. I used a 10 lb wall ball because I knew 14 would kill me, but for the burpee pull ups I had to scale it to a point of pure hell. We did 10 burpees, 10 pull ups, repeat. There were 2 times during this part of the workout where I thought for sure I would yack on the floor. It was coming, I could feel it. I think the saving grace was the fact that my body was so taxed from the workout it didn't have the power to throw up. 

I had planned on doing back to backs like I did Saturday, today there will be a running class WOD and I wanted to throw them both in at once. After this workout I was shaking and felt so sick I could barely choke down my protein...funny thing is, it was gone about 10-15 min after. I was fine, ready to do the second workout. However, I had Firecracker with me and needed to go so I decided just to do the running wod at home tonight. 

I had a proud paleo mommy moment today, after the workout I chugged chocked down a protein shake and  since I needed some fat brought a jar of coconut oil. Since Firecracker was there I brought her a snack too and after she ate it she wanted some spoons of coconut oil. Then she wanted a sandwich for lunch and I watched as she ate her turkey and cheese and left her bread, haha. She did chomp her chips though. But still, love my little cave girl. 

So the rest of the day I have become more and more tired, I really needed to do the running wod so after dinner, Daddy-O helped me get the kids to bed, and he got to put on his coaching hat and keep time for me. 

Running WOD
400 m run
tabata 
squats
sit ups
push ups
20 sec work, 10 sec rest 8 rounds each
1 min rest between sets
400 m run

So I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be counting, if you count anything on tabatas. I had Daddy-O running a tabata timer to tell me when to stop and start. Let's just say I was excited for him to see how fit I am compared to before I started this journey and welp that didn't happen. I was gased, The run was surprisingly easy even doing it with my new running posture but dang, that first squat I knew I was in trouble. I have been pounding protein and even more starches all day, recovering from earlier but I guess I just tanked my reserves earlier. I wasn't going to stop even though I was home I soldiered on. Let's just say the squats were the best part of the evening...I could barely do 3-4 push ups per round. Scaled push ups!!! Tanked. 

So I am planning, and I use that term lightly, on going to the 6:30 class in the morning. I am NOT a morning person and not too happy about getting up before the sun, BUT I get really cranky when I miss so many days of CF (as I mentioned before) and I want to prevent that with just stock piling for the next couple of days, plus tomorrow's wod is awesome!! I reiterate I am not a morning person, so don't be shocked if I choose bed over a cold box in the morning!

morning person


No comments:

Post a Comment