Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The day that wasn't...

YAWN! It is going to be a long day, I woke up early this morning to go eat breakfast at Geeps school to raise money for a family in need. I had gone not planning on having any options to eat and lo and behold I was able to get eggs and bacon & some orange juice, even coffee with real cream. Shocked I was, the only thing I was missing was some extra fat which I got by eating a couple spoons of coconut oil when I got home. Yep I did that.

Afterward I came home and had a couple of hours to get some work in before hitting CrossFit Regeneration again today, eeek yes I know two days in a row...I am a lucky girl. I ran into a food dilemma today before I hit the box. Typically I eat breakfast an hour before a workout, but since today was more of a lunchtime wod I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go. I do pretty good in the energy department if I get my 3 block meal in at least one hour before hitting the pavement (or bars whatever) so I was concerned what a 1 block snack, which is typically post workout nosh, would do for me before the workout. 

After much mental debate I decided to have another 3 block meal an hour before the workout and hit a 1 block snack post wod. So for my 3 block meal I had leftover chili with sour cream and 2 blocks of nuts. I wasn't really very hungry but I knew I would need it for today's workout so I ate it up, dropped Firecracker off and headed to CrossFit Regeneration. Today's workout deets...

Skill practice - I worked on double unders
then
9 sit ups
21 thrusters (45#)
15 sit ups
15 thrusters
21 sit ups
9 thrusters
time: 13:47

cherry
5 min amrap
10 toes to bar (knees to boobies for me)
10 push press (45#)
10 burpees...
1 round + 8 push press

I really think that my body is starting to become the crossfitter my mind wants me to be. Sure I have a LONG way to go to be the fittest but today I did 45 thrusters with 45#...if you remember last time I worked on thrusters it didn't go so well, I needed major help from some warp drive engineers, but today while I didn't own it it wasn't completely horrible and in hindsight I would have probably performed even better if I wasn't a bit sore and fatigued from yesterday. Maybe. 

Afterward I downed some nuts and cheese, I need to hit the grocery! Somewhere in between the 100 errands I had today I stopped by my house to grab a second 1 block snack and since I had about 2 minutes to find something I just grabbed a scoop of protein and drank it up with some nuts. I am pounding the omega six today!

My day just didn't want to slow down or stop so after picking up Geeps I ran some more errands then took little man to taekwando, which went way too fast. It was spirit day at Chikfila for Geeps school and since I was beyond exhausted from a full day of running around I had Daddy-O grab dinner for us. I thought about getting the grilled nuggets like I always do and making some healthier starches at home with some fat but it wasn't happening. So I ended up having 6 grilled nuggets, fries (let's all gasp) and a dt coke, they I went there too! We got shafted because I should have had 8 nuggets so since my protein was lacking I grabbed on of the kids cheese sticks to full in, 2 tsps of coconut oil later and I was finished. Not my best day of food ever but hey. 

So it is late, I am tanked and ready to pass out! While I was great during today's workout I am feeling the effects of two days in a row...need sleep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment