Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Need this on my morning run!

So finally after weeks of wanting to get up early and run I did it. I spent most of last night getting everything ready so I could jump up get dressed and head out. I wish I could say it went that smoothly but it didn't. I hit snooze on my phone for 45 min, finally dragged myself out of bed, got dressed gulped some water and headed out...with mismatched socks. See I have to get out to run by a certain time so I am back before the hubs has to leave for work so I was essentially sprinting to get ready and out the door. My ideal scenario would be me getting up with enough time to have my morning tea, some water and mentally prepare. That wasn't happening this morning. I got out there so quickly I swear I was still half asleep during my warm up. Plus I have kind of jacked my husband's old iphone 1 so I can utilize Nike+ (let's not start on my anger about no android app yet) so while I was in my half daze warm up I was battling apps. Apparently I can run music and one other app so it was either the couch to 5k or the Nike+. Ugh. 

So now to the fun part, the running. Wow...let me say that one more time...wow. Who knew that post wake up warm up I would feel amazing. I had lots of energy and it made my run...gulp...easy. You read that right, it was easy. Like I have had 40 red bulls easy. I was so surprised. I don't know if it was the cool air or the morning light or the fact that I had a huge energy reserve from sleeping all night but yes this run was easy. So much so actually that I almost told the C25K program to stick it and ran the entire time. I also felt lighter, much lighter, almost springy, which could be why the run was so easy. Or it could be that I downloaded a new C25K program and started again with week 1 day 1 regardless it was a great run and this program is really good. Now if I could just get all of the apps I want to run running at the same time. 

I may not need it however if I get a Nike+ watch which my brother in law almost has me talked into...

So here is to the morning run and hoping I can do a repeat tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment