Saturday, March 31, 2012

The feel of Deflation

Okay 46ers, a friend of mine has totally motivated me to get my a** back in gear here and everywhere but first...I need to whine.

I got a letter from my doctor yesterday explaining that I am not in fact a celiac. She was besides herself with confidence that I was but the test came back negative and she said my nutrient levels were perfect with the exception of iron and hemoglobin. So why am I whining?

The main reason isn't because because I don't have to read everything I eat, give warnings and give up pretty much everything...no no I am quite happy I don't have to live the life of someone who has a food allergy. I truly empathize for these people. I am upset because once again I have no idea what is wrong with me. I am trying to tell myself I just need to accept that salmonella kills, I lived and my body paid for it. Also that it takes a long time to recover and it hasn't even been a year yet. The problem with this is there is nothing I can do to fix this but wait. Sure I can eat healthy and exercise and hope it shortens the amount of time it will take my body to recover but like most humans I want the quick fix.

So here I am yet again with low hemoglobin and anemic working toward feeling better. I just feel deflated because I thought I had a good answer.

But what I have learned...

  • First and foremost listen to your friends (you know who you are)
  • next protein makes me feel powerful, grains make me feel weak
  • I know my body better than my doctor does and I am happy I don't have celiac but I know grains aren't my friends. 
What are my goals
  • Sweat daily doing whatever I have time & energy for that day. This includes my crazy cleaning sprees and kid play time...they count
  • Keep the paleo-ish ball rolling. We all feel better and I don't have to read everything I eat haha
  • BLOG...more
  • Remarry my fitness/weight loss journal 
So to end this somewhat pathetic post I am happy I don't have a strange affliction that affects so many adults, I really feel bad for them. I am sad I don't have a quick way to feel better (I so like to feel great) but happy that it is forcing me to make better choices and live healthier. It also made me think of settling and how I shouldn't settle. So far I have settled for the bit of weight I have lost the baggy clothes but I need to reamp my rear in gear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment